Hesketh Casuals Reserves 0 - 8 Old Blacks Reserves

After being well beaten by Horwich in our last game, we needed not only to win, but we also needed to get some confidence back with a good performance.

We had a few players out, but still went over to Southport with a strong squad.We had Olie Hyde making his 1st start, and also Kyle Haggan, who is now back playing on Saturday's.We got to the ground before most of the home team had even turned up, and after speaking to the manager, and couple of the Hesketh players, it was obvious they were struggling for a team.

We started the game against 10 men, and could have easily been a goal up in the first minute. Brad Langhorn went through one on one with the keeper, but shot wide. After about 10 minutes a corner was met by Alex boardman 5 yards out but he somehow managed to head wide, when it seemed much easier to score.We finally went one up, after Alistair Lofthouse poked the ball home from close range, and soon two up after Elliot Guinan seemed to cross the ball, but somehow the ball ended up in the corner of the net. Olie Hyde then went off injured, and Heskeths 11th man turned up, so it was now even numbers on the pitch.

Andre Veniziale then came off for James Halsall for the last 15 mins of the first half.

We did finish the 1st half three goals up, after a high ball from Jordan Fielding was knocked back into his own goal by the keeper, after he allowed the ball to go through his hands, and despite a last ditch effort from the defender, the ball ended up in the net. The goals panel (me!) finally awarded the goal to Jordan.

We started the 2nd half strongly, but our keeper, Lewis Kent, was starting to get frustrated at the lack of match action. However, he soon did have to deal with a long ball played through to their striker, who found himself through on goal. Lewis came out of his area, missed the ball completely, but took the player out. Thankfully he was going away from goal, and there were covering defenders, otherwise it could have been us playing with 10 men!!.

The goals then soon started going in. Brad Langhorn scored a couple of well taken goals both from the edge of the area. Alistair Lofthouse got his second, after nodding the ball into the net, after his shot rebounded off the keeper.

Jordan Fielding scored a second, then completed his hat trick. His final goal was just downright cheeky, after the ball fell to his feet 5 yards out, with his back to goal, then he somehow flicked the ball into the top right corner of the net, without hardly moving.To be fair to Hesketh they carried on trying, and their experienced (my age) keeper, who is also the manager, pulled off 7 or 8 great saves, keeping the score below double figures.
A clean sheet and 8 goals. Well done everyone involved.